Be a part of the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC)
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED)
Center for Business Financing
Tax Credit Division
Convert Your Tax Dollars into Educational Dollars for Students at St. Joseph/St. Robert School
- Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) is a tax credit program for Pennsylvania businesses that make a donation to an approved charitable organization which awards tuition scholarships. One of the organizations that administer EITC is Business Leadership Organized for Catholic Schools (BLOCS), www.blocs.org.
- Businesses authorized to do business in Pennsylvania who are subject to one or more of the following taxes qualify to participate in EITC:
- Bank and Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institution Tax
- Personal Income Tax of S Corporation Shareholders or Partnership Partners
- A business may anticipate the following tax credit:
With a 1 year commitment to the program with a corresponding contribution, a business may obtain a 75% tax credit against state taxes owed.
With a 2 year commitment with corresponding contribution, a business may obtain a 90% tax credit against taxes owed.
On-line applications for a 1st year commitment most be received on July 1, 2014, which is the next application submission date. Donations will result in tuition scholarships awarded for the 2015-2016 school year.
On-line applications for a 2nd year commitment most be received before May 15, 2014. Donations will result in tuition scholarships awarded for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Applicants can access the electronic single application several ways from DCED’s website www.newPA.com. If you have a problem or question at any time during the application process, please contact DCED Customer Service at 1-800-379-7448.
- In addition, Kathleen Williamson, Director of Advancement is available to assist with the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.343.5100.